Friday 16 August 2013

Character Summative

Albert the Goblin

My project was to Model,design and texture a bipedal Character. I really wanted to go for a troll or goblin type creature as i thought it would be a lot more challenging.As i was comping up with concpcts i found an awesome reference of a Voodoo shaman, My goal was to create a bowlegged goblin shaman  While creating this character i used Zbrush to start the base mesh using a zsphare and then from then started to sculpt my high mesh character. 
I had a huge challenge when it come to creating his hands as i had never created hands before and i'm still rather new to zbrush. I really enjoyed created this more then my other projects. having the only restriction as it had to biped gave me a lot of room to explore how i wanted my character to look. 
I ran out of time to create his mask and lion cloth but i'm hoping in the holidays i;'ll come back to him and create a better version and finish off his assets, fix some of the problem areas in his normals and improve his diffuse map. For my first character i'm rather pleased with his out come. 

Tri Count:
                      LOD 0-11990 (Limit 12k)
                      LOD 1-4996 (Limit 5k)
                      LOD 2-1294 (Limit 1k)
Texture size: 2048 px
Software used: Xnormal, Zbrush, Maya, Photoshop
Renders: Taken in Xnormal, Ddo, Maya and Zbrush











No comments:

Post a Comment